• Increase housing opportunities for San Franciscans of all income levels.
• Preserve the city's existing housing stock and boost the amount of new housing that is produced each year.
• Use well-designed housing to preserve and enhance neighborhood livability and character.
• Make housing more affordable for both renters and buyers.
• Promote a range of housing types that serves the diverse needs of San Francisco's residents.
• Create or enhance pedestrian and transit-friendly neighborhoods.
• Make more efficient use of under-utilized land.
• Improve the jobs/housing balance to reduce commute time and traffic.
• Enhance neighborhood commercial vitality by adding housing in or near neighborhood commercial areas.
• Reduce suburban sprawl by channeling growth into urban cores and inner suburbs and away from the region's greenbelt.
• Collaborate with organizations that share our mission in other counties around the Bay Area.